Jefferson Streetscape Task Force
Meeting February 28, 2002
Two Items Under New Business
Basic Project Questions - need absolute clarity and assurance.
- Design upgrades:
- Will any individual upgrade variations be allowed?
- Who has the final say?
- What is the deadline for the property owner?
- Can last minute demands of property owner be accommodated?
- Will prior upgrades be replaced by same quality materials?
- What are the prerequisites for the next stage?
- FBCC: "resolution" or higher form of commitment?
- Escrow of additional funding
- Are there hidden costs to the property owner? Other surprises?
Quality Assurance Procedures - need assurance that property owners will
be satisfied by a quality design.
- Quality dimensions
- Adequacy of drainage
- Compatibility with Jefferson's "desired image"
- Technical design: completeness, accuracy
- Selection of materials
- Assurance methods
- Project references - need committee to evaluate references
- From SHA
- From Nolan Associates
- Design evaluation by community oriented experts
- Frederick Historical Commission?